Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Intermediate Drawing and Painting Final Reflection

Here we are at the end of the course...you have made a variety of different kinds of drawings and paintings over the past few months. How would you sum up your artistic experience this term? On your blog share what have you discovered and learned about:
  • the world of drawing and painting in general.
  • your technical abilities in drawing and painting.
  • your interests in terms of subject matter and content...what you have to say as an artist.
This term has been a wonderful artistic experience for me, and a not so great one. Wonderful because I learned how I work best in art which is alone I am just too easily distracted. Also I learned to stop trying to make an object in a picture and instead just do the colors and shading the object would follow. I also learned that no matter how many ideas I got I should just stick with one or else I would never finish the project, and that the most interesting idea is not always the best one. I also learned that liking the project is not as important as finishing it. This term was not so great for all those same reasons, I only learned the lessons from making the mistakes. The biggest thing I learned about the world of drawing and painting in general is that it is not what I had originally thought. I had always viewed art as something a bit less serious, something that was more a side project, now I know that art is a lot more serious(again a lesson learned by making the mistake). As far as what I like to make, I have learned I like making art that is more wild, the more fun, but also the longer it will take. About my technical artistic abilities, I learned I am a pretty decent color mixer, can be good at placing objects, and that shading objects is not as hard as I had always thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment