Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pictures that Tell a Story


By: Grant Wood
Title: Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
My First Impressions: When I first saw this picture I remembered it from a long time ago, but I also noticed how time changes because the top is night and the bottom is day. The title having midnight in it makes me think of the dead of night. The day part lets me see how he either started his ride towards dusk and finished late or he started late and finished around dawn. The story comes across really from the church it is the most prominent figure in the image or it seems like it is. The most prominent image in the picture to me is the rider, he might be one of the smallest parts, but his contrast to the white road and the fact that he is the most important part of the picture it really draws my eye.

What I learned:  I have learned that the painting is on some sort of stone is an oil painting, and is incredibly precise and very very detailed. There are a lot of minor details that if looked carefully at are really really ineresting 

No comments:

Post a Comment